The NHTRC offers diverse training and technical assistance (T&TA) services aimed at strengthening local and national anti-trafficking infrastructure and improving the nationwide response to human trafficking. T&TA is geared towards helping communities develop sustainable local response systems and protocols to effectively identify, serve, and protect victims of human trafficking.
Trainings & Presentations
The NHTRC offers live in-person and web-based trainings and presentations to help build capacity and expertise of law enforcement, service providers, government agencies and other practitioners, first responders and frontline professionals.
To request a training or presentation, submit a training request form here.
Technical Assistance Consultations
The NHTRC provides individualized technical assistance consultations by phone, videoconference, and/or by email on diverse topics related to human trafficking.
To request technical assistance, email the NHTRC at email@example.com
24-Hour Technical Assistance
The NHTRC can also provide 24-hour assistance to law enforcement, service providers, and other first responder and frontline professionals who need immediate technical assistance on a human trafficking case and/or to help a victim of human trafficking.
For urgent technical assistance, call the NHTRC hotline at 1-888-373-7888.
The NHTRC specializes in providing T&TA to the following audiences:
- Local/state task forces or working groups
- Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies
- Federal, state, and local government agencies
- Social service institutions
- First responders and frontline professionals (e.g. medical professionals)
The following are example T&TA topics available through the NHTRC. This list is not exhaustive.
- Capacity Building
- Child Trafficking
- Coalition Building
- Curriculum Development
- Federal Anti-Trafficking Law
- First Response Strategies
- Government Efforts to Fight HT
- Human Trafficking - Intro and Advanced
- Immigration Remedies for Victims
- Law Enforcement Training
- Local Infrastructure/Referral Processes
- Needs Assessment
- Outreach - Community and Direct
- Safety Planning
- Task Force Creation
- Trafficking Victim Assessment/Victim Identification - General and Specific Populations
- Victim Assistance/Services