Women in Defense-Michigan Chapter will be hosting a panel discussion on Human Trafficking on May 9, 2017, 5:30-8:00 PM in Troy, Michigan.We will discuss the issues surrounding human trafficking and, specifically, as those issues pertain to the defense and national security industries, as well as Michigan communities.Leaders and experts will join Women in Defense-Michigan Chapter in a discussion focused on answering the critical questions surrounding this topic, such as:
- What is human trafficking?
- How does it impact the Defense and National Security Industry?
- How is Michigan involved?
- How does our judicial system factor into combatting this devastating crime?Speakers include:
- Linda Dixon, Department of Defense - Combating Trafficking in Persons Program Office (Washington, DC)
- Laurie Tannous, Immigration lawyer and Cross-Border expert on Human Trafficking
- Sara Woodward, Assistant U.S. Attorney and Deputy Chief of the General Crimes Unit
- Monarch Wings - A local organization helping women survivors
- and more
Please join this discussion to better understand the impact from human trafficking and to become informed on the resources available to combat this crime. Knowledge is always a first step to change!