The goal of the symposium is to deliver clear and guided information across a broad spectrum of trafficking related issues, from demand to identification to service and prosecution. The symposium will increase North Carolina’s multi-disciplinary service provider’s knowledge of the complexity of human trafficking and create a sustainable training model utilizing current research and best practice recommendations. This is the second of three regional symposiums.The Symposium will:
- Provide training to service providers.
- Offer opportunities to discuss key issues, find solutions, and highlight emerging trends.
- Facilitate collaboration and building of partnerships among key stakeholders.
- Offer an opportunity for information sharing, identification, and discussion of issues of Human Trafficking in North Carolina among partners and stakeholders.
- Lay the groundwork for future collaboration, advocacy and program development.
The Symposium is funded by an OVC grant from the Governor’s Crime Commission.