The purpose of this workshop is to address the critical role of the interprofessional team in addressing the identification, assessment, evaluation, management, and follow-up of individuals who are trafficked. A trauma-informed care model will be explored for application in clinical practice by all members of the interprofessional team.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe the issues of human trafficking as a public health issue.
- Discuss the types of human trafficking.
- Explicate a framework of trauma-informed care for persons who have experienced human trafficking.
- Recognize and identify the physical and mental health consequences of human trafficking in your clinical practice and patient interactions.
- Examine the role of law enforcement and governmental agencies in addressing human trafficking.
- Access general social service referrals.